Tuesday 9 October 2012

The Mistimed Weakness

Pride backfired..
It was no longer a strength.
Distress crept into my body and spread like an illness into my veins.
What happened to me? I used to face intolerable levels of pains, and I made it back to my normality, to my sanity.
It suddenly felt like a total transformation, from strong to weak.. from gathered to torn.. from healthy to crippled - all from the inside.

I once planned my whole future, I deplored obstacles.. nothing ever stopped me.
I mourned and wiped my tears, I wept and dried my cheeks.. I frowned, but I also smiled.. I failed but I also stood back again. My hardships always had successes parallel to them; my life accepted only few visitors: the qualities of being strong. 

Yet, what happens to a balloon once you poke it with a needle?
It doesn't gradually deflate, it just pops with a violent release of energy.

2 comments:

  1. Very poignant. But you can be strong again. Like the vine, cut back, but rising again with life when it regrows.

    ReplyDelete