Thursday 18 October 2012

Futile Sacrifice - 1

Here I am again, getting detached from poetry-like pieces & starting with a short story of two chapters!
I would wanna see your feedback, dear.. quite readers! :)

---------------


- Chapter 1 -
~Fabio~

Fabio, was the love of my life. I could not let a thing bother him, not even a sweet cold breeze. Every time I saw him, I would run into his arms and say "I love you now and forever." He would say words that were sweeter than honey and more delicate than silk. The worst thing, which I did not take into account, was not knowing much about him. I knew he loved me, because he said so. I knew we could one day be spouses, because he said so. I had no reason to trust him, I just did. Despite the universal warnings I received, I got married to him. We called it "the ten years love." Ten years, of having hope in Fabio. Never did I let go. Yes, I waited for too long, but it was worth it - as far as I thought. 

Until one day, negativity started boiling within me. I started recalling all the things everyone told me about him. "What if they were true? What if marriage was the biggest mistake? But we've known each other for so long.. nothing can be true!" I said to myself. Day by day, my intuition drifted me away from him. I did not wish to make it clear. I never wanted to hurt him. He would wake up every morning and tell me "Eleanor, you don't seem happy lately," and I wouldn't know what to say.

I tried to let go of the figments, so I decided to break our no-kids-rule, which was my decision. Fabio was happy yet worried, for pregnancy was a challenge for me, medical-wise. Yet, we got through it. I underwent some treatments that were noticeably helpful, and I finally gave birth to a girl. I named her Saffron. She was the most important thing in my life, along with her father. I always thought that we both were his priorities, too, until I was proven wrong.

As though I foresaw Fabio's side that I never knew. Throughout our relationship of ten years, how could I be blinded? and only figure him out in a matter of three years of our marriage?
He was seeing someone else. I could know it, I could feel it. He would come home with cosmetics stains on his blouse, telling me that he dirtied his outfit while eating with friends. I wasn't stupid but I chose to neglect the things that could turn me into a beast.

I chose to ignore him not because I was weak or impassive. I did that for Saffron, the angel I did not want to grow in a polluted atmosphere. Fabio and I would go out for dinner, we would dance together, we would talk and joke, we would take Saffron out to play, but I would never feel the attachment and bond again.


No comments:

Post a Comment