Friday 19 October 2012

Futile Sacrifice - 2

- Chapter 2 -
~Saffron~

Soliloquy: "I still love Fabio, and it is torturous. Not that I'm not considering a divorce, but, it is easier if we just break up as lovers, not as spouses - not as parents. I have shared feelings with him before, we now share a daughter. I have communicated with him through the telephone and a rendezvous, we now live under the same roof. It is just challenging to escape into another life without him, knowing it is going to be as crippled. Living with him can be hurtful, but at least Saffron gets to have a father. Living without him will be hard on both of us - my daughter and I."



Eleanor could not go on anymore, being torn between two roads; getting divorced or preserving a family of three, for the sake of Saffron. Therefore, she decided to talk out to her best friend.

"He doesn't love me"

"Yes, he does, Eleanor."

"Okay, he does.. just because I'm his wife and the mother of his child.

 It's not enough to love me.. It is never enough to just love anyone!

All those years, I've been informed that he loves me and that was it. I was oblivious of everything else because I loved him and I still do. You know, what I realize now is that he never proved that he actually does!
How can a man who loves his wife goes behind her back and betray her? How can he just love her because she's providing him with his essentials; love, coitus, and a child."

"So, what do you wish to do now?"

"I just can't fathom being betrayed.
I want my freedom.. .
I want us to be forever detached from one another.. We'll only live together until our daughter is mature enough to understand things."


Eleanor and Fabio are practically separated now, yet under the same ceiling. They both resemble the ocean, Fabio, on a sunny day, and Eleanor, in a hurricane. Still, she chooses to overcome her vulnerability, sacrificing for the good of her daughter, Saffron.

"Even if it's a futile sacrifice - an unfair fight, it's a war of love.. The love for the soul that has come out of my own body."

She says.


- The End -

No comments:

Post a Comment